MEMBERSHIP AND SEEMO PRESS CARD
SEEMO has over 2800 individual members (editors-in-chief, media executives, media owners and leading journalists), as well as corporative members (media companies) in South, East and Central Europe.
Membership is possible for editors-in-chief, media CEO, media owners, leading journalists, editors, media experts and professors for media an communication in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan. Membershiop is also possible for journalists in countries with special status: Austria, Italy, Vatican and San Marino, as also for journalists covering South East and Central Europe and living in another part of the world.
Benefits of being a SEEMO member:
- – Membership to the leading regional media organisation of media owners, media CEOs, editors-in-chief and leading journalists in South, East and Central Europe with more than individual 2000 members
- – Opportunity to apply for a SEEMO International Press Card
- – Invitation as a guest speaker to a SEEMO conference or other SEEMO events
- – Possibility to participate in SEEMO events, conferences, workshops and educational seminars under special conditions
- – Ability to take part in a SEEMO press freedom mission
- – Assistance with organising a sponsor to cover travel costs and accommodation to a SEEMO conference or other SEEMO events
- – Regional professional contacts in more than 30 countries
- – A free copy access to PDF versions of SEEMO publications
- – Special discounts for other SEEMO publications and products
- – Support press freedom and the opportunity to work with SEEMO in making the South, East and Central European region a better environment for journalists
- – Support SEEMO by providing access to press freedom and media development information in your country
For security and privacy reasons, SEEMO does not make public names or other details of individual members. The only names made public are those of members who hold a position at SEEMO (advisors, coordinators, board members), or if a member permits SEEMO to use his name in public activities.
If more than two individuals from a media company / university / journalism school / organisation want to apply for SEEMO membership, than it is possible to apply for a corporate membership. With this membership, the media company / university / journalism school / organisation to which the corporate members belong support SEEMO activities. The names of our corporate members are listed, if the member wants, in our publications and materials.
SEEMO International Press Card
The SEEMO International Press Card provides instant confirmation that the bearer is a working journalist and a SEEMO member.
SEEMO International Press Card front:
From May 2011: The SEEMO International Press Card is a plastic card in a credit card format.
Benefits of the SEEMO International Press Card:
- – Serves as a valid international form of identification in English to confirm that the cardholder is a journalist. This is important in communication with police, border authorities, other state authorities, during a demonstration and in many other cases. In a case of an emergency it is always possible to contact the SEEMO office for help.
- – Identification for an accreditation / reporting from an event, including culture events, concerts, sport events.
- – Confirmation of the job for a visa application.
- – Useful document in addition to a local press card and a valid document without local press card. Recognised in all countries around the world.
- – The card fee supports the SEEMO press freedom work.
- – In many countries, including most EU countries, free admission to public and private museums, monuments, ancient temples, zoos, aquaria, art galleries, botanical gardens and other historical and culture places.
- – Discounts for flights, bus, trains, car rentals, hotel accommodation, special mobile phone contracts for journalists and other discounts when the card is presented
What members are saying about the International Press Card
“The card protects members against political harassment and undue pressures. It allows them to do their job professionally and ethically. The card is also recognised by numerous cultural institutions throughout the EU. Its holders are granted free access to museums and, often, entry to special exhibitions and interviews.” – Dean Popovski, Skopje
“The press card is very useful for my job to make reports and programmes about culture and cinema and it allows me a free entrance to most museums, recently in Berlin for instance. It helps me get an inside look at many things.” – Peter Muszatics, Budapest
“It gives you access to places where common citizens cannot get in” – Ognian Zlatev, Sofia
“Over the last months, I was in Italy and as a journalist I could enter free of charge several museums I had to visit for making a reportage.” – Dragan Lukic, Belgrade
1. Individual regular SEEMO membership (Ordentliche Mitglieder)
This level of membership includes voting rights, priority invitations to SEEMO events, free of charge participation in a SEEMO event, free access to online SEEMO publications, discounts for SEEMO activities and partners-programmes and the right for an international press card membership. It signifies support of SEEMO press freedom work. It is possible by decission of the SEEMO managment, to cancel the membership fee for individual members who are supporting on a regular basis the work of SEEMO. Membership fees are:
Individual SEEMO membership 1 year 120 EUR
Individual SEEMO membership 2 years 210 EUR
Individual SEEMO membership 3 years 320 EUR
Individual SEEMO membership 1 year with membership international press card 145 EUR
Individual SEEMO membership 2 years with membership international press card for 2 years 250 EUR
Individual SEEMO membership 3 years with membership international press card for 3 years 395 EUR
2. Individual general (extraordinary members) SEEMO membership (no voting right, Außerordentliche Mitglieder)
This level of membership includes invitations to SEEMO events, free access to online SEEMO publications, discounts for SEEMO activities and partners-programmes and the right for an international press card membership. It signifies support of SEEMO press freedom work. It does not include voting rights.
General SEEMO membership, no membership press card 1 year 50 EUR
General SEEMO membership, no membership press card 2 years 80 EUR
General SEEMO membership, no membership press card 3 years 100 EUR
General SEEMO membership 1 year and membership international press card for 1 year 85 EUR
General SEEMO membership 2 years and membership international press card for 2 years 140 EUR
General SEEMO membership 3 years and membership international press card for 3 years 190 EUR
3. Individual members – supporters (Fördernde Mitglieder)
Individual membership 1 year minimum 200 EUR
This level of membership includes invitations to SEEMO events, free access to online SEEMO publications, mention (if wanted) in SEEMO materials /online and a special diploma for support of SEEMO. It does not include voting rights.
4. Corporate members – supporters (Fördernde Mitglieder)
Companies supporting SEEMO 1 year membership minimum 5000 EUR.
This level of membership includes the mention (if wanted) in SEEMO materials / online and a special diploma for support of SEEMO. This membership is divided into Silver, Gold and Platinum status.
5. Individual honorary members (Ehrenmitglieder)
This level of membership does not require a fee.
6. Corporate general membership
An individual member can suggest his / her company for corporate general membership. The company has the right to present this membership in the public. Mention (if wanted) on the SEEMO web page and in materials. This membership is only possible if at least two company members are individual SEEMO members.
200 EUR annually for 1-5 staff members
500 EUR annually for 6-15 staff members
1000 EUR annually for 16-50 staff members
1500 EUR annually for 51-100 staff members
2000 EUR annually for 101 and more staff members
We have also additional special forms of membership.