SEEMO has over 800 individual members (editors-in-chief, media executives, media owners and leading journalists), as well as corporative members (media companies) who cover many geographical regions in Europe, including: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, Albania, Republic of Macedonia / FYROM, Greece, Cyprus, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey.
Benefits of being a SEEMO member:
- Membership to the leading regional media organisation of media owners, media CEOs, editors-in-chief and leading journalists in South, East and Central Europe with more than individual 800 members
- Opportunity to apply for a SEEMO International Press Card
- Invitation as a guest speaker to a SEEMO conference or other SEEMO events
- Possibility to participate in SEEMO events, conferences, workshops and educational seminars under special conditions
- Ability to take part in a SEEMO press freedom mission
- Assistance with organising a sponsor to cover travel costs and accommodation to a SEEMO conference or other SEEMO events
- Regional professional contacts in more than 20 countries
- A free copy of the South East and Central Europe Media Handbook (price: 100 EUR) and De Scripto magazine (price: 15 EUR per issue). Both publications are available at the SEEMO office located in Vienna.
- Special discounts for other SEEMO publications and products (e.g. t-shirts, cups)
- Discount fee for taking part in the IPI World Congress
- Support press freedom and the opportunity to work with SEEMO in making the South, East and Central European region a better environment for journalists
- Support SEEMO by providing access to press freedom and media development information in your country
For security and privacy reasons, SEEMO does not make public names or other details of individual members. The only names made public are those of members who hold a position at SEEMO (advisors, coordinators, board members), or if a member permits SEEMO to use his name in public activities.
If more than two individuals from a media company / university / journalism school / organisation want to apply for SEEMO membership, than it is possible to apply for a corporate membership. With this membership, the media company / university / journalism school / organisation to which the corporate members belong support SEEMO activities.
Costs of corporate membership are:
- 2-5 full-time employees: 250 EUR annually
- 6-15 full-time employees: 500 EUR annually
- 16-50 full-time employees: 750 EUR annually
- 50-75 full-time employees: 1000 EUR annually
- 76 or more full-time employees: 1500 EUR annually
The names of our corporate members are listed in our publications and materials.
SEEMO International Press Card
The SEEMO International Press Card provides instant confirmation that the bearer is a working journalist and a SEEMO member.
SEEMO International Press Card front:
Lidia Pavlova is a SEEMO member and the 2009 winner of the “WAZ-IFJ Prize for Courage in Journalism” and the SEEMO CEI Diploma for Investigative Journalism in 2010.
From May 2011: The SEEMO International Press Card is a plastic card in a credit card format.
Benefits of the SEEMO International Press Card:
- Serves as a valid international form of identification in English to confirm that the cardholder is a journalist
- Useful document in addition to a local press card
- Recognised in all countries around the world
- Card fee supports SEEMO press freedom activities
- Free admission to museums, galleries and other culture places or discounts for flights, car rentals, special mobile phone contracts for journalists and several other discounts in many countries when card is presented
What members are saying about the International Press Card
“The card protects members against political harassment and undue pressures. It allows them to do their job professionally and ethically. The card is also recognised by numerous cultural institutions throughout the EU. Its holders are granted free access to museums and, often, entry to special exhibitions and interviews.” - commented a journalist from Skopje
“The press card is very useful for my job to make reports and programmes about culture and cinema and it allows me a free entrance to most museums, recently in Berlin for instance. It helps me get an inside look at many things.” - Peter Muszatics, Budapest
“It gives you access to places where common citizens cannot get in” - Ognian Zlatev, Sofia
“Over the last months, I was in Italy and as a journalist I could enter free of charge several museums I had to visit for making a reportage.” - Dragan Lukic, Belgrade
The SEEMO International Press Card is only available to SEEMO members for a fee of
- 40 EUR for one year (plus 5 EUR for mailing and shipping costs) and
- 70 EUR for two years (plus 5 EUR for mailing and shipping costs).
For more information, please contact Lyudmila Handzhiyska or Anja Antic or Sladjana Matejevic at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEEMO MEMBERSHIP APPLICATON FORM